Currently recruiting paid participants for the following studies:
- Teachers K through 8 - Google Classroom - Interviews (remote via Google Hangouts) - March/April 2019 (by invitation only).
- Teachers Pre-K through 12 - User Study (remote via Google Hangouts) - June 2018 and ongoing - Sign up here
- Gamers - 1:1 Interviews - Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA - July 2019 - Sign up here
- Students - US colleges (Interviews) - US National remote via Google Hangouts (by invitation only)
- Gamers - 1:1 Interviews - Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA - April 23 through May 2018 - study completed - thanks for your interest!
- Teachers K-12 (Interviews/User Study/Survey Panel) - US National remote via Phone, Google Hangouts, or Skype - ongoing through early 2019 - study completed.
- Youtube Creators (Interviews/User Study) ASIA - remote via Google Hangouts - including evenings and weekends) -- study completed.
- Youtube Creators (Interviews/User Study) EUROPE - remote via Google Hangouts - including evenings and weekends) --study completed.
- K-6 Teachers (Interview/User Study) - Santa Clara, CA -- study completed.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What am I signing up for?
We recruit participants for paid user research studies. Depending on the study, you may be part of a group or work one on one with one of our user researchers. During the study, we will usually ask you to try out products, provide feedback, or provide input on new product ideas. Studies are usually one-off events that last from 15 minutes to 2 hours. Most studies are conducted in one of our usability research labs, some studies can also be conducted remotely from your home or office using software such as Google Hangouts or Skype.
How much do you pay?
All study participants are compensated for their time. The amount of compensation we offer varies depending on the type and length of study we're recruiting for. Similarly, the type of compensation also depends on the specific study, but we usually offer a choice of cash/cash equivalents or gift cards.
What type of participants are you looking for?
This varies greatly depending on the study. Sometimes we look for people who are very experienced with a certain type of technology, other times we look for people who have little or no experience, sometimes we recruit a mix.
How soon will I hear back from you?
We will contact you via email or phone if you qualify for one of our studies. If you don't qualify for any current study, we will keep your information on file and may schedule you for future studies.
How do I make sure I don't miss your email?
You may want to add our email address firstname.lastname@example.org to your trusted email list.
Will you send me spam or sell my information to third parties?
We will never sell or otherwise disclose contact information to third parties. Your information is kept confidential and only used to help us find participants for our research studies. We hate spam as much as you do and work hard to safeguard your data. We will only contact you if we're considering inviting you to one of our studies or need further clarification on the information you've provided.
How old do I have to be to sign up?
You have to be 18 years or older to sign up. However, we do sometimes conduct studies with minors. For those studies, we ask that parents or legal guardians complete the signup form for their children.
How are studies with minors conducted?
Prior to the study, the parent/guardian will be asked to provide written consent for their child to participate in the study. At the beginning of the study, the child will be asked for his or her consent as well. A parent or guardian will then have to be present for the entire study session their child has been scheduled for. There are absolutely no exceptions to this requirement.